- NEW! Focus on Welcoming Businesses:
- Check out our upcoming Events!
- Announcing our 2014 Undergraduate
and Graduate Scholarships!
Deadline EXTENDED to April 1, 2014
Clicking an image to the right of one of our newest
businesses jumps to the listing on the appropriate
city, state, province, or country page >>
What Is The Welcoming Project?
The Welcoming Project began in 2011 to encourage local businesses, health care/service providers, organizations, and congregations in Norman, OK, to display welcoming signs for the purpose of making LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) individuals and allies feel welcomed as patrons. The Welcoming Project is available to communities throughout the United States. Please contact us for more information about including your community.
The Goal of the Welcoming ProjectTo increase the visibility of places that are welcoming of LGBTQ individuals
and their allies through providing welcoming signs
for places to display indicating
"ALL ARE WELCOME."
The Welcoming Project's Three-Part Mission
- To provide free "All Are Welcome" signs to help LGBTQ people and their allies feel welcomed by businesses, health care/service providers, organizations, and congregations in communities throughout the world.
- To educate the community about LGBTQ issues through our website and other materials.
- To support the LGBTQ community and their allies through our Annual Undergraduate Scholarship and other community events.